Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Morning Devotional July 2, 2013


Isaiah 6:8


“Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here and I; send me.”


Who will go? As I have traveled around the USA the past few years and see the many churches of our Lord that are without Pastors. As I read in the publications I receive every month the request from the Lord's churches for a Pastor. I see very few filling these positions. Many of the Lord's churches have been without a Pastor for a long time. Some, I know, it may be by their own choice. But there are some who honestly desire to have a man of God for a Pastor. But none will go.

The saddest thing I see is men who claim to be called to preach but will not go. So many seek the Lord's will to go preach His word but will not give up their worldly possessions to go Pastor a church of our Lord. Some of the most well read, most eloquent speakers, are content to stay in their comfortable life style rather than go do what they claim the Lord has called them to do.  

Many of our Lord's true churches are now small in number and very few can support a full time Pastor. But did not our Lord tell us “Where two or more are gathered there I am”? I fear that many a good preacher has been scared away from the Lord's ministry because of the lack of money. Please understand, I know a man must care for his family, but no where in the scripture does the Lord tell us the Pastor has to be on the church payroll. Remember Paul paid his way by making tents at times. There is no shame in a man of God working a secular and Pastoring the Lord's church. The Lord will provide.

Now, at the same time, if the church is able to pay a man or help him in any way, they should. It is the churches responsibility to help her Pastor as it is his responsibility to feed the Lord's flock.

The question I have is this: If the Lord has called you to preach, will you go? If not are you truly called to preach? We talk of false professions of salvation but I believe there are many false callings out there as well.

If we are truly called we must be about the Lord's work for the time of our Lord's coming is at hand.


I would like to say I praise the Lord for the members of the Kings Addition Baptist Mission. They have been such a blessing to me and my family. I count it an honor to be called by the Lord to go and serve and work there with them. I long for the day when the Lord moves us there.

 

Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment