Thursday, January 1, 2015

Morning Devotional January 1st, 2015

Psalm 118:6
“The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?”
 
Praise the Lord He is on our side!!!
What should we fear? Whom should we fear? Only the fear of the Lord should we have. For He is on our side.
Verse 8 says “It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.”
All our trust should be in the Lord. We have no right to put confidence in a man. Only the Lord deserves our confidence. Only the Lord deserves our trust. Man will fail us but our Lord is faithful and true.
Watch for those who would draw us away from the Lord and unto their own teaching. Watch for those who would seek to weaken our faith and trust in our Lord.
Corruption is all around us. Yet our Lord tells us He is on our side.
Remember this Psalm:
Psalm 23
“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.”
With our Lord on on our side we have no need to fear anything that may come our way in this life. Not even death or destruction are we to fear. For the Great Shepherd walks with us, protects us, and when it is His time, takes us home to everlasting peace.
 
 
Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment