Sunday, September 11, 2016

Morning Devotional September 11, 2016

Psalm 119:153-160

Consider mine affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget thy law. Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word. Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy statutes. Great are thy tender mercies, O Lord: quicken me according to thy judgments. Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies. I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept not thy word. Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O Lord, according to thy lovingkindness. Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.”


O what a loving God we serve!!! Even in our worst time of trials and tribulations He is there guiding us, protecting us, and making His tender mercies known to us. No matter how bad our enemies treat us. No matter how much the persecution grieves us. If we will seek His statutes and follow His Word His love and grace and mercy will He show us.
O how the actions of our enemies should grieve us. Not for what they do to us. But the fact that they do these things against our Lord and because they have not kept His Word. We should be grieved by the unholiness of our persecutors. We should plead God save their souls as He did ours.
Remember the Apostle Paul. Remember what persecutions he did to the early churches. Yet our Lord saved his soul while he was on the way to do more harm to God's own people. Remember Paul believed he was doing God's work by persecuting the churches.
Pray for your enemies. Show them a godly love by praying for their salvation.


Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment