Monday, September 12, 2016

Morning Devotional September 12, 2016

Psalm 119:161-168

“Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word. I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil. I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love. Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments. Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. Lord, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments. My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly. I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.”



As children of God our love for His Word should be paramount in our lives. We must read His Word daily. Meditate on His word. Study His Word. His Word should permeate our every thought and the very words we speak. Our lives should be proof of all this. We all know the old saying “You are what you eat”. This applies to our spiritual food as well. What we eat spiritually will make us who we are.
The Psalmist writes here “Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.” Do we praise Him or do we dread His righteous judgments? If we truly love His law and keep His testimonies and His precepts His righteous judgments will come as blessings. If not they can come as chastisement.
Praise the Lord without ceasing!!! Read His Word!!! Keep His precepts and His testimonies!!! Love His law!!! Seek His peace in all these!!!



Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment