Friday, December 30, 2016

Morning Devotional December 30, 2016

Jeremiah 24:5-7

Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good. For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up. And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.”


Let us concentrate on the words “for their good” this morning. At this time in history, many of the people of Judah have been captured by Babylon and forced to move to the land of the Chaldeans. But notice, God says “Whom I have sent out of this place.” So, God has caused this captivity. God has purposely caused this great affliction on His people. But why? He simply says “for their good.”
Is not this a great example of God's love for His children? Through all the times Israel has run from God and followed after false gods and turned their backs on the God of their salvation, He still loves them. And though, as a parent punishes their child for their wrongs, so does God chastise His children for theirs. Why? “For their good.”
In these three short verses we see the word “I” used nine times. Always referring to God. Also notice “I will” is used six times to describe what God will do for His people. Notice it is not their will but His.
So many times we forget that it is God who commands and we go. Or it is God who draws us to Him not us drawing Him to us. Or it is God who seeks us not us seeking Him.
It is only by His will that our trials and tribulations are for our good. What a glorious Heavenly Father we have!!! O the love He shows us by teaching us through the many trials we go through in this life. O how our afflictions and persecutions strengthen our faith in Him and what a teaching of patience we get at the hand of our Great God!!!


Praise ye the Lord!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment