Thursday, November 19, 2020

Morning Devotional November 19, 2020

 

Psalm 31:10-14

“10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.

11 I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.

12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.

13 For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.

14 But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God.”



King David suffered greatly in his life. While he was king of Israel his own son brought false accusations against and took the throne from him for a time. Some of the king's closest friends turned against him and he was forced into hiding. Many of the Psalms he wrote are from this period of time, as is our text this morning.

Notice how, even in the deepest and darkest times in David's life he still trusted in the Lord. Every Psalm he wrote during this period in his life he starts out telling of his plight from his enemies. At times, feeling sorry for himself. Many times it was at the orders of his own flesh and blood. But he always winds up praising the Lord and telling how the Lord brought him through every situation.

How are we today? Do we trust the Lord as we should? In our deepest darkest hour can we truly say “But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God.”



Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment