Saturday, December 5, 2020

Morning Devotional December 5, 2020

 

Luke 18:9-14

“9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”

One of the joys of being the pastor of one of the Lord's churches has been witnessing how most of our members live their lives. It is my belief in our day and time you will find a higher percentage of humble believers in the small congregations than in the larger congregations. And we are not void of our own “Pharisees”, even in the other churches we share close fellowship with I see very few. What a blessing it is to be surround by so many who think more highly of our Lord and Savior and His people than they do of themselves.

It always saddens me to hear a believer who is a braggart when it comes to the things they have been blessed with by the Lord but will seek for themselves the glory and then looks down on those who do not have so much. And even more so saddened by a man in the ministry who is a braggart and is not humbled by what the Lord has done for him in the ministry but will rather exalt himself. “For everyone that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”

Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment