Saturday, February 5, 2022

Morning Devotional February 5, 2022

 

John 10:22-42

“22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.

23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.

41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.

42 And many believed on him there.”

What I'm getting from this passage this morning is that we see a people who claim to be the children of God, the Jews, questioning Jesus about him claiming to be the Christ. Asking Jesus to show them plainly or to make it clear to them. Yet, we know from reading the 4 Gospels He made it as clear and as plain as it could be put that He was the Christ. He also made it clear and plain several times that if they were not His elect they would not see the answer to their questioning.

Is it not the same today with the vast majority of the religious world? They want to claim the name of Christ but don't believe the Jesus in the 4 Gospel is the Christ. The Jesus who taught the multitudes and performed miracles and did and said other things that were humanly impossible for the common man in His day. To deny God's election and predestination of His people is to deny Jesus is the Christ. For if we say the doctrine of God's total and complete Sovereignty is false then we proclaim the Jesus of the Bible is not the Christ He claimed to be. For if we say the doctrine of Free Grace from God is false then we proclaim Jesus is not the Son of God as He proved in His time on this earth. To deny what we refer to as the Doctrine of Sovereign Grace is to deny the God we claim to be the children of.

O child of God, I beg you to flee the false doctrines and traditions of man taught by the religious world and follow after the truth taught by our Lord and Savior!!! Follow Jesus the Christ!!!

O friend, if you find yourself wrapped up in the same and claiming the name of Christ because of some false notion passed down from the former generation or because it feels good to think you are a Christain or because some preacher somewhere has convinced you that God loves everybody and so there is no need to love Jesus and follow Him as He commands in the Bible. You may claim the name of Christ but has Christ claimed you? If God is calling you unto salvation, answer that call today!!!


Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment