Saturday, July 29, 2017

Morning Devotional July 29, 2017

John 5:39-47

39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41I receive not honour from men.
42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?”


The Jews in Christ's day claimed to be followers of Moses and the Law. But Christ proved over and over that they did not believe the Moses and the Law as they claimed. Therefore they would not believe the words of the Son of God.
We see the same in our day. Many claim the name of Christ but refuse to follow His Word and His commandments. Many claim to be part of the church but refuse to partake in the worship, fellowship and communion of the very church they claim to be a member of.
Yet there are many out there who would love to be apart of a true church but have no way to go or live to far away. And there are those next door to the church building that can't wake up early enough to go. What a shame!!!


Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment