Sunday, July 30, 2017

Morning Devotional July 30, 2017

John 6:35-40

35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”


O praise God our salvation is in His hands and not ours!!! Praise Him for His electing grace and mercy!!! Praise the Lord He is in control of all things and all things are for His honor and glory!!!
What a pitiful shape we would be in if things were like what the “free will” preacher teaches. What a ridiculous teaching to believe that man can have any part at all in his salvation. What blasphemy for any man to think he can control God and change God's mind. What foolishness the false doctrine of “free will” is.
Yet many a highly educated theologian have fallen for this most idiotic belief. Many a simple minded child of God who has rebelled against the teachings of God's Word and followed after the teachings of the devil himself. O what a shame we are! Even those of us who preach and teach and believe whole heartedly the doctrine of God's Sovereign Grace fall into the trap of thinking we can possibly do anything at all on our own will and power!
But God, reminds us over and over in His Word and even in our everyday lives that all power and all glory belong to Him and are from Him and are for His honor and glory. O how stubborn we are to even thing that the Creator of all things does not have total control of our very being and existence. Yet, with all our rebellion our Heavenly Father still loves us. He loves us enough to forgive our sinful ways and our denial of His Sovereignty and brings us back to Himself as a earthly father would his child.
O the love He has bestowed upon us!!! O what compassion and mercy!!! O how we deserve much less than what He gives. O child of God, follow the ways of our Lord. Leave the lust of this world. The lust of self. The lust of the pride of life. Stay in God's Word. Pray without ceasing!!!


Praise ye the Lord!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment