Thursday, June 13, 2024

Morning Devotional June 13, 2024

 

Micah 6:6-8

“6 Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?

7 Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”



Oftentimes in our lives our works seem to be pleasing to others. We can be in the church service every time the doors are open, we can proclaim the Word of God to others, we can even preach or teach things the crowd loves to hear. But if we are not walking humbly with the Lord, following His commandments, and communing with Him always, are we truly doing what is good in the sight of God?

Many are out there tickling the ears of the crowd but their worship goes no higher than the ceiling of the house. The sad fact is as sinful men we can put on a false act when we want. We can lead others astray by simply preaching a false gospel or false doctrine.

Read verse 8 again and contemplate on these things. “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”



Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment