Monday, June 24, 2024

Morning Devotional June 24, 2024

 

John 21:15-17

“15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.”



Sadly today we are seeing pastors who are more concerned with feeding goats than taking care of the Lord's lambs and sheep in which the Lord has placed them over. Yes, we are called to preach the gospel to all nations. But pastors must not forget the sheep who need nourishing and strengthening in the ways of the Lord. Every example of a pastor given in the New Testament is of a man who took care of the flock who the Lord called him unto. Many of the Lord's people are leaving the churches and/or are contemplating leaving because of a pastor who has strayed from the truth and are starving the sheep.

One thing that seems to be forgotten. It is the Lord who will give the increase, if it is His will. It may not be God's will to grow every congregation in numbers. It may be His will to grow a small flock in faith only. As pastors we are called to preach the truth and nothing but the truth.



Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment