Thursday, October 26, 2023

Morning Devotional October 26, 2023

 

Lamentations 3:19-26

“19 Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.”



Wise words from the Prophet Jeremiah! Even with all that Jeremiah had suffered because of his faithfulness to God, he still saw God's mercy in his life and praised and offered thanksgiving to the Lord for His mercies through it all.

How are we today? Certainly, I doubt any of us have suffered as Jeremiah did, but we are put through trials and persecutions for our faithfulness in the Lord. But, are they trials and persecutions for our faithfulness or chastisement for our lack of faithfulness? We must examine ourselves in such times. When our Lord returns, will we be found faithfully serving Him or following the world?



Praise ye the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment